El Sonido is a Santa Cruz band that formed during the last days of 2004, when Darwin Rodriguez and Rachel Karlskind, a.k.a. the Tailor Made Fence Company, packed their gear and moved from L.A. to Santa Cruz. Reuniting with longtime friends Brian Andersen, Keith Thompson and Amanda Woodruff, they started playing music because what else is there to do in Santa Cruz? Their songs and jammings (lots of the latter) bend towards '60s-'70s psych and classic rock with a heavy liquid dose of garage punk, as well as other influences ranging from surf to grunge.
They play really loud, mofos, and their equipment always breaks.
They played in the Big Bang 2005.
- SECOND SON LP : Recorded at Silent Planet 2008 available for streaming and download at last.fm
- ORCHARD LP : Recorded at Silent Planet 2006 available at streaming and download last.fm
- CLUSTER EP : Recorded at The Cube July 2nd, 2004.
- One track (Clever is the Night) appears on the Cube Sessions Comp
- 'Clever' also appears on the Allright Records Comp.