The Devil Makes Three was formed in 2002 by Pete and Cooper. Moving from Olympia, WA., they played a number of shows in Santa Cruz under a number of monikers as a duo. After a few shows, they added Jackie Musick of Roots of Orchis as a temporary bass player. Jackie was replaced by permanent bassist Lucia Turino in late 2002, at which time they settled on the name The Devil Makes Three and released their self-titled debut CD.
The band enjoys a successful following in Santa Cruz, encompassing many subcultures and reaching a mass appeal. In 2004 they released their second CD, Longjohns, Boots and a Belt. In 2006, they released a live CD, A Little Bit Faster and a Little Bit Worse. In 2008 the band signed to Milan Records, which released a remastered version of The Devil Makes Three in 2008 and a third studio full-length, Do Wrong Right, in 2009.
- the Devil Makes Three CD - Monkey Wrench Productions - 2002 (Re-released by Milan Records, 2008)
- Longjohns, Boots and a Belt CD - Monkey Wrench Productions - 2004
- A Little Bit Faster and a Little Bit Worse CD - Monkey Wrench Productions - 2006
- Do Wrong Right CD - Milan Records - 2009
- "Someday Coming Down" compilation - Warning Sign - 2004
- "Someday Coming Round" compilation - Warning Sign - 2005